How to apply to Nash Community College
Applicants for admission to a curriculum program at Nash Community College should contact the Student and Enrollment Service Office (Building A) for the necessary forms, testing dates, and interview appointments. Appropriate procedures must be completed before a student registers. The following are required for admission to all curriculum programs.
- A completed application. Click here for the online application.
- Completion of institutional Course Readiness Assessment or submit satisfactory scores from another test. The following scores are considered acceptable:
- SAT scores with an Evidence-Based Reading and Writing scores of 480 or higher and a Math score of 530 or higher.
- ACT (American College Testing) Reading minimum of 22 or ACT English minimum of 18. ACT Math minimum of 22.
- Accuplacer or NC DAP scores from another institution.
- Placement By High School Grade Point Average. Admissions will only evaluate high school GPA based on submission of official high school transcripts. A student may be eligible to enroll directly into college level gateway courses based on their unweighted high school Grade Point Average if they graduated from high school within prior to their first date of enrollment with Nash Community College, have at least a 2.6 unweighted GPA, and demonstrate completion of qualifying math courses.
All options must be five years current in order to be considered. Placement testing practice test are available here.
- Students applying for VA Benefits and Health Science programs must submit all college transcripts.
- A conference with a counselor is recommended for the purpose of reviewing test scores and helping the student select appropriate educational goals.
Additional Admission Requirements
Many programs require additional enrollment steps. See your advisor for additional admission requirements specific to your program or refer to the 2016-2017 Academic Catalog.
Stephanie Geanes - (252-451-8257)
Director of Admissions
Melissa Sykes - (252-451-8300)
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.