How to apply to Nash Community College
Applicants for admission to a curriculum program at Nash Community College should contact the Student and Enrollment Service Office (Building A) for the necessary forms, testing dates, and interview appointments. Appropriate procedures must be completed before a student registers. The following are required for admission to all curriculum programs.
- A completed application form. Click here for the online application.
- An official transcript of high school graduation with diploma or official copy of GED or AHSD scores. Students with an A.A.S. degree or higher do not have to submit a high school transcript, with the exception of students entering Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy, Physical Therapist Assistant, College Transfer, and applicants seeking Financial Aid and VA benefits.
- Completion of institutional placement test or submit satisfactory SAT scores with a Verbal minimum of 500 and a Math minimum of 500 or submit a minimum composite score of 21 on the ACT (American College Testing). Students who have an A.A.S. degree or higher are exempt from the placement test except College Transfer applicants who have not met the admission requirements. College graduates not transferring a math course must take the math placement test. (Effective Fall Semester 2003) Placement testing practices test are available on our website.
- An official college transcript is needed if you would like to transfer credit from another institution.
- Students applying for Financial Aid, VA Benefits, Health Science programs and College Transfer degrees must submit all college transcripts. A NCC Transcript Request transcript request form to request the transcripts/test scores from another institution may be obtained by clicking here.
- A conference with a counselor is recommended for the purpose of reviewing test scores and helping the student select appropriate educational goals.
Additional Admission Requirements
See your advisor for additional admission requirements specific to your program or refer to the 2013-2014 Academic Catalog. Additional requirement information for the Health Sciences (Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Phlebotomy) may be found by clicking here.
Stephanie Geanes - (252-451-8257)
Director of Admissions
Ashley Smith - (252-451-8300)
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.