What is WIA?
WIA stands for Workforce Investment Act and is a federally funded program designed to assist adults in obtaining their education and training resulting in gainful employment.
The purpose of the WIA program is to improve the quality of the workforce and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the nation’s economy by providing activities that increase employment and occupational skill attainment by the participants.
Occupational Training is available in the following areas:
- Maintenance & Repair
- Construction & Extraction
- Health Care
- Office and Administrative Support
- Truck Driver Training
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Occupational skills training
- Assistance with tuition, books and fees
- Child Care assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Job Development and placement
- Paid Work Experience
- Follow-up services
Program benefits are available to qualified individuals while funding is available.
- A Nash County Resident
- 18 years and older
- A U.S. citizen
- Economically disadvantaged
- In need of assistance in securing or maintaining employment
- Willing to pursue a two-year degree or obtain certification
For more information contact your local WIA case manager:
JobLink Career Center
121 Fairview Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27801