Basic Rider Course or Riding and Street Skills Course
This 22-hour course is designed for individuals 16 years of age or older with little or no motorcycle riding experience. The course introduces individuals to motorcycle rules, safety and riding techniques. A skills waiver card will be issued to students who successfully complete the course.
Individuals under the age of 18 must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian. This written consent is granted on the Waiver and Indemnification Form and completed prior to the beginning date of class. Additionally, if an individual is enrolled in high school, a Career and College Promise Application (Dual Enrollment Form) must be completed. This form can be obtained from a high school guidance counselor and must be presented to community college staff before the individual can enroll in a class.
Individuals do not need to possess a driver’s license to take the course; however, they must be able to ride a bicycle and possess some degree of strength, since the course is physically demanding. Individuals should be able to support a 300-pound motorcycle while straddling it, and have the ability to push the motorcycle for distances up to 120 feet. Heat and cold weather conditions can add to the strenuous conditions the students will encounter while taking the course.
A DOT approved helmet (furnished), over-the-ankle footwear, long pants, a long-sleeved shirt or jacket, full-fingered gloves (preferably leather), and protective eyewear (eyeglasses or sunglasses) must be worn. State-provided motorcycles will be used during the course; unless there are extenuating circumstances that warrants a student to use his/her own motorcycle, such as a physical handicap. In such cases, prior approval must be obtained from the state director
- March 1-3 - Section#24110
- March 8-10 - Section #24111
- April 5-7 - Section #24112
- April 26-28 - Section #24113
- May 3-5 - Section #24114
- May 17-19 - Section #24115
- May 31-June 2 - Section #24116
- June 21-23 - Section #24117
- July 12-14 - Section #24118
- August 2-4 - Section #24119
- August 23-25 - Section #24120
- September 6-8 - Section #24121
- September 27-29 – Section #24122
- October 4-6 – Section# 24123
- October 25-27 – Section # 24124
- November 1-3 – Section #24125
- November 22-24 – Section # 24126
- December 6-8 – Section # 24127
- December 13-15 – Section # 24128
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required.
To register for a class, the following forms must be completed:
This is a self-supporting class and the tuition fee is non-refundable. An attendance of 100% is required.
Nash Community College, Building E, Room 5011
Friday 6 pm - 10 pm
Saturday & Sunday 8 am - 6 pm
For more information, call (252) 451- 8216.