For all admission inquiries please email email@example.com.
Step 1 - Application
Regardless of whether or not you are new or returning when applying to NCC as a traditional or online student, please review the items needed on the admissions application checklist then complete the online application.
Make arrangements as soon as possible for official transcripts from all high schools and/or colleges attended; and for official test-score reports to be sent to the admissions office.
If you are an out-of-state student applying to Nash Online only, please visit the out-of-state students page prior to applying.Close
Step 2 - Orientation
Orientation Open House
January 9, 2020
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
New and returning students are invited to the Nash Community College campus to prepare for the 2020 Spring Semester.
Welcome tents will be set up between the Business and Industry Center and Building A (Student and Enrollment Services) with directions and more information.
Print your updated schedule; locate your classrooms; verify your financial aid; receive sign-in assistance for e-mail; purchase textbooks and supplies; get your student ID, parking pass, and library card; meet classmates; learn about campus resources and clubs; stop by the mini college transfer fair; enjoy refreshments and giveaways.
Step 3 - Financial Aid
All classes must be paid for before the start of class. You may pursue any of the following options:
- Complete the FAFSA application. Nash Community College’s school code is 008557. Note: It may take 5 to 7 business days for Nash Community College to receive your FAFSA.·
- Apply for Foundation Scholarships.
- To apply for Federal Student Loans complete the Loan Confirmation Form.
- Be sure to check your Nash Student Email frequently for messages from the Financial Aid office after you apply!
- Submit any required documentation requested from the Financial Aid Office
- Look for an award letter in your WebAdvisor account to verify your approval.
**Financial Aid may not be awarded without all transcripts on file!Close
Step 4 - Transcripts
- Request your official high school transcript from your high school.
- If you completed an Adult High School Degree of High School Equivalency please contact the state office in the state that you completed it.
- Request your official college transcripts from any institutions that you attended. (Mailed Transcripts: PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804 or Electronic Transcripts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 5 - Placement Test
For more information on placement testing.
There are three ways to satisfy placement test requirements:
1. Multiple Measures Placement
- High school transcript verifying graduation within the past 5 years
- 2.6 or higher unweighted high school GPA
- Minimum of 4 approved high school math courses with grade C or higher (Math courses include: Geometry, Algebra I, Algebra II, and one of the following: Advanced Functions and Modeling, Integrated Mathematics IV, Analytical Geometry, International Baccalaureate Mathematics, AP Calculus, International Baccalaureate Computer Science, AP Statistics, Mindset Calculus, Pre-Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Essentials for College Math (SREB-Math Ready), Trigonometry)
2. Submit official qualifying SAT, ACT, or NCDAP Scores (if available)
Qualifying Test Scores
- SAT scores of 480 or higher in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- SAT scores of 530 or higher in Math
- ACT scores of 22 or higher in Reading or 18 or higher in English
- ACT scores of 22 or higher in Math
- See catalog for NCDAP or other placement scores
3. Take Placement Test
On Campus Testing
Placement testing is available Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on a walk-in basis. A valid photo ID is required. Begin at Student and Enrollment Services, then take the testing form to the NCC Library. Extended testing times are available during registration periods or by request.
Online Placement Testing
Nash Online students who are not able to physically come to campus are able to utilize our online testing option to take the College Board’s Accuplacer assessments. Nash has partnered with a service called B Virtual Proctoring so that students may take their placement test anywhere in the world at any time. Online proctors will visibly monitor a student taking a placement test by use of webcam technology. In order to utilize this option, students must have the following available to them:
- Internet Access
- Audio Capabilities
To schedule an exam, students must follow the process listed below:
- Apply to Nash Community College and obtain a student ID number.
- Fill out the Online Placement Test Request Form.
- A counselor will contact the student within 1 business day.
- The counselor will determine what portions of the placement test the student needs.
- The counselor will set up a voucher in Accuplacer for the proctoring service to use.
- The student will then go to Accuplacer Live website.
- From there, the student will work with B Virtual Proctors to schedule their test.
- B Virtual Proctoring does charge a $25 fee that the student will need to pay.
- The proctoring company will administer the test based on the voucher generated.
- After testing the student’s scores will be uploaded to Nash’s system.
Follow the link provided for Frequently Asked Questions about B Virtual Proctoring.Close
Step 6 -Academic Advising
After you apply, you’ll receive a welcome email and letter which will identify your academic advisor. Be sure to contact your advisor as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to discuss your future goals and discover your plan of study.
For general questions contact the Advising Center. Call 252-428-7350 or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Step 7 - Register for Classes
Two Ways to Register for Classes
- Returning students or students who’ve met their advisor can register on WebAdvisor.
- New students must attend an on-campus registration (or) contact an advisor to register over the phone or through email request.
Step 8 - Pay
- Tammie Webb
- Phone: 252-451-8263
- Location: 2010
- Melissa Sykes
- Phone: 252-451-8300
- Location: 2009
- Adam Dickens
- Phone: (252) 451-8307
- Location: 2015
- Deanna Hedgepeth
- Phone: 252-451-8417
- Location: 2009