There are three ways to satisfy placement test requirements:
1. Multiple Measures Placement
- High school transcript verifying graduation within the past 5 years
- 2.6 or higher unweighted high school GPA
- Minimum of 4 approved high school math courses with grade C or higher (Math courses include: Geometry, Algebra I, Algebra II, and one of the following: Advanced Functions and Modeling, Integrated Mathematics IV, Analytical Geometry, International Baccalaureate Mathematics, AP Calculus, International Baccalaureate Computer Science, AP Statistics, Mindset Calculus, Pre-Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Essentials for College Math (SREB-Math Ready), Trigonometry)
2. Submit official qualifying SAT, ACT, or NCDAP Scores (if available)
Qualifying Test Scores
- SAT scores of 480 or higher in Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- SAT scores of 530 or higher in Math
- ACT scores of 22 or higher in Reading or 18 or higher in English
- ACT scores of 22 or higher in Math
- See catalog for NCDAP or other placement scores
3. Take Placement Test
On Campus Testing
Placement testing is available in the NCC Library, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on a walk-in basis. A valid photo ID is required. *Extended testing times available during registration or by request.
Online Placement Testing
Nash Online students who are not able to physically come to campus are able to utilize our online testing option to take the College Board’s Accuplacer assessments. Nash has partnered with a service called B Virtual Proctoring so that students may take their placement test anywhere in the world at any time. Online proctors will visibly monitor a student taking a placement test by use of webcam technology. In order to utilize this option, students must have the following available to them:
- Internet Access
- Audio Capabilities
To schedule an exam, students must follow the process listed below:
- Apply to Nash Community College and obtain a student ID number.
- Fill out the Online Placement Test Request Form.
- A counselor will contact the student within 1 business day.
- The counselor will determine what portions of the placement test the student needs.
- The counselor will set up a voucher in Accuplacer for the proctoring service to use.
- The student will then go to Accuplacer Live website.
- From there, the student will work with B Virtual Proctors to schedule their test.
- B Virtual Proctoring does charge a $25 fee that the student will need to pay.
- The proctoring company will administer the test based on the voucher generated.
- After testing the student’s scores will be uploaded to Nash’s system.
Follow the link provided for Frequently Asked Questions about B Virtual Proctoring.