1. A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- A 100% refund of tuition and fees shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester as noted in the college calendar. Also, a student is eligible for a 100% refund of tuition and fees if the class in which the student is officially registered fails to “make” due to insufficient enrollment.
- A 75% refund of tuition shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10% point of the semester.
- For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days) of the semester, a 100% refund of tuition shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. A 75% refund of tuition shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10% point of the class.
- For contact hour classes, use 10 calendar days from the first day of the class(es) as the determination date.
- No refund will be made on such fees as student activity, technology, success, diploma, CAPS, etc.
2. To comply with the applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations will supersede the state refund regulations stated in this rule.
3. The refund policy is set by the State Board of Community Colleges and is subject to change without notice.
4. Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the college the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.