Verifying Enrollment (Chapter 30 and 1606 Recipients only)
All Chapter 30 and 1606 recipients must verify their enrollment each month using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or calling 1-877-823-2378.
The VA will only pay for courses that count towards graduation. Therefore, it is very important to consult with your academic advisor as you are registering for classes.
Tuition and Fees
VA will only pay the in-state tuition rate for students using the Post 9/11 GI Bill or Vocational Rehab. Students being charged the out of state tuition rate will need to pay the difference out of pocket or use financial aid [if eligible]. The VA will not pay the tuition and fees for any other chapter.
Withdrawing from a Class
Students may accrue a debt with the VA and with Nash Community College if they withdraw or simply stop attending their courses. This can also jeopardize a student’s financial aid eligibility. We highly encourage you to reach out to your instructor first if you are considering withdrawing.
Failing a Class
Students may accrue a debt with the VA if they fail a class. Failing a class will also jeopardize a student’s financial aid eligibility and their academic progress. Once again, please reach out to your instructor if you are encountering difficulties.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Students are required to meet the college’s satisfactory academic progress requirements in order to continue to be eligible for their VA Benefits. This means maintaining at least a 2.00 GPA.
The VA will not pay for enrollment in the following:
- Courses that do not count towards graduation
- Course audits
- Repeated courses previously passed
- Credit by examination
- Continuing education classes (unless specifically approved by the NC State Approving Agency)
- Dropped or withdrawn classes
- Remedial courses taken online or in a hybrid or blended format (unless taken between March 1, 2020 – December 21, 2021 due to COVID-19)
- Adult High School Diploma (AHSD) / High School Equivalency (HSE) / General Educational Development (GED)
- Career and College Promise (CCP) students
- Non-degree seeking students