When: April 12, 2022 | 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Where: NCC Campus, Brown Auditorium
Please wear a mask (required) and bring a resume.
Tips for a Successful Career Fair Experience:
- DON’T ask an employer “what does your company do?” This is a serious DON’T from the employer’s perspective!
What’s the key to success at a fair?
- Research in advance the employers registered to participate in the fair. This enables you to decide which employers to connect with, and to plan what to say to each employer.
- Tailor your message to each employer by stating why you wanted to speak with them (their internship program, their projects, whatever attracted you).
- Know yourself, know the employer, show the fit. Be prepared to talk to the employer about what you can do for them, not what they can do for you. (We know you really want an internship, and that it would be great experience for you! Tell the employer why you would be an asset to them!)
- Be flexible and prepared for the unexpected. It’s not uncommon that the person who registered the organization for the fair (several weeks or months prior) indicated hiring needs, but the reps who actually participate in the fair tell you something different. That’s frustrating for you.
- Be prepared to engage in a conversation and show that you did your research. If the employer gave information that is no longer accurate, perhaps the rep can explain how their hiring needs change, and can tell you who to contact about the hiring needs that match your qualifications and interests.
- Checkout this video to learn more about what to ask at a Career Fair.
The best strategy is to be prepared!!