Global Perspectives Scholars Program
The Global Perspective Scholars (GPS) program is an academic program designed to help students discover, connect and engage in the world around them.
Through the GPS program, students will develop global competencies and skills needed to be successful in today’s global economy. The program will focus on discovering what it means to be a global citizen and how students can apply this knowledge to their academic and professional endeavors. Upon completion of all program requirements, students will earn the identification of “Global Perspective Scholar” on their transcripts and will receive specialized regalia for graduation.
Requirements for earning the Global Perspective Scholars distinction:
- Complete 15 credit hours with a minimum of a C in courses designated as globally intensive.
- Participate in 8 global activities.
- Participate in 30 hours of global experience through travel abroad and/or domestic intercultural experience or service.
- Present a capstone presentation related to their global learning experience and participation.
Study Abroad Peru
Join us on Nash Community College’s study abroad program to PERU in May 2018. This is an amazing program and opportunity offered to all enrolled students.
What’s in it for you?
- See one of the greatest wonders of the world: Machu Picchu
- Experience Peruvian people, culture, and food (so many llamas!)
- Give back to a local community through a service project
- Stay with a real Peruvian family
- Build independence, self-awareness, courage, and leadership skills
- It can help you in your future career or transfer college (see 10 Ways International Travel Can Benefit Your Career)
- Become part of Nash CC’s Global Perspective’s Scholar program and get a certificate on your transcript (in association with UNC)
- LIFE CHANGING, ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY
Can you afford it?
Nash CC’s mission is to see students from all backgrounds benefit from travel abroad.
- Nash Community College’s unique study abroad scholarship.
- Sign up and earn as much as possible (minimum $500/maximum $1700) until October 2017 (this is extending from May 2017) - that’s over 7 months!
- Our can’t-find-anywhere-else scholarship will match whatever you put towards the trip! Basically, you can go to Peru for almost half of the cost!
- Get your own Crowd Funder website to help you raise funds.
- Fundraise with the Global Perspective Scholar program on campus.
- Eva Hardy
GPS Program Coordinator, Instructor Humanities & Social Sciences
- Phone: 252-451-8326
- Location: 4206
- Katie Hoffer
Study Abroad Coordinator; Instructor, English
- Phone: 252-451-8405
- Location: 4220