Human Resources Development (HRD) provides knowledge and skills for all adults who are trying to find gainful employment, keep or advance in their current career or simply trying to redefine their professional niche in today’s global market.
- Career Bootcamp
- Career Search Workshops
- Computer Basics & Keyboarding Skills
- Career Readiness Certification (CRC) Prep
- Document Preparation for the Workplace
- Human Services Exploration: DSS Caseworker
- Internet and Email for the World of Work
- Interview, Resume, & Application
- Living on the Outside
- Microsoft IT Academy
- Personal Finance
- Personal Home Care Aid
- Social Media for the Job Search
- Technology Lab
- Working Smart
Employability “Soft Skills” Training provides the basic skills necessary for getting, keeping, and doing well on the job. These are the skills, attitudes, and actions employees need to get along with their co-workers and supervisors, and to make sound critical decisions.
Career Planning and Assessment activities designed to assess the interests, work values, aptitudes, and/or job readiness as related to career, employment, and/or educational goals of the individual.
Career Readiness/Pathways include, but are not limited to career exploration, entry-level skill awareness and development, training success strategies and preparing for certification exams and placement tests.
Technology Awareness will help individuals develop a moderate comfort level of basic technology skills, develop employment related documents, assess governmental and educational website, network for employment opportunities, and understand the role technology plays in today’s workplace.
Economic Literacy provides an understanding of real-life economic concepts and economic ways of thinking. Topics include, but are not limited to wage improvement plans, workplace business concepts, and basic economic literacy concepts.
AGENCY, BUSINESS, AND INDUSTRY
HRD collaborates with local agencies and college programs to promote workforce and economic development.
- Express Employment Professionals
- NC Department of Social Services
- NCWorks Career Center
- Nash Correctional Institution
- Nash County Senior Center
- Rocky Mount Senior Center
- Spaulding Resource Center
- Williford Family Resource Center
- Word Tabernacle Church
Fees for HRD courses are waived for those who meet one of these criteria:
- Are unemployed
- Have received notification of pending layoff
- Are working and are eligible for federal earned income tax credit
- Are working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelines
- Jonee Callahan
Director, Human Resources Development (HRD)
- Phone: 252-451-8349
- Location: 8223