The Continuing Education Summer 2013 Semester begins May 16, 2013. Registration begins April 9, 2013. Preregister early to ensure you get a seat.
Summer Semester 2013. Registration begins April 9th
Preregister now before classes fill up!
Note: Classes often fill up before the start date. Preregister early!
Five Ways to Register:
- Walk In: Continuing Education Dept. is located on the second floor of the Business & Industry Ctr. Registration hours are Monday-Thursday, 8 am-4:30 pm and Friday 8 am-3:30 pm.
- Fax: The registration form and credit card number along with expiration date may be faxed to (252) 451-8451
- Mail: The registration form and fee may be mailed to NCC Continuing Education, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
- Drop Box: Drop payment and registration form in the Drop Box located on the first floor of the Business & Industry Center beside the Cashier Window. Monday-Thursday, 8 am-10 pm or Friday 8 am-4 pm.
- Online in WebAdvisor: NCC student ID number, six-digit date of birth and credit card payment are required in WebAdvisor.
Types of Payment Accepted
Cash, Money Order, Personal or Company Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express
Senior citizens (age 65 or older on the first day of class), who are North Carolina residents, are allowed one fee-waived class per semester, except for self-supporting courses. Proof of age may be requested. Seniors are required to pay the $1.25 campus insurance fee.
No fee waiver or refund applies to self-supporting classes. All students must pay the registration fee, including Senior Citizens.
Continuing Education Registration Fees
- 1-24 hours $65.00
- 25-50 hours $120.00
- 51+ hours $175.00
Campus Insurance Fee $1.25
Security Fee $1.00
*The class fee is set by NC General Assembly and is subject to change without notice
No Fee for the following classes:
- Adult Basic Education
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Compensatory Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
Refunds are payable to, and mailed to, the student or student's sponsor. A 100% refund will be given if the student calls to drop a class before the first class session, or if the class is cancelled. A 75% refund will be given if the student calls to drop a class before the 10% point of total class hours. There is no refund after the 10% point of total class hours, or for self-supporting classes.
To Drop a Class
To drop a Continuing Education class, please call (252)451-8216. The refund policy is stated above.
Preregistration & Attendance
- Preregister & Prepay before the first class session.
- Plan to attend the first class session.
- Additional Attendance Requirement:
For most classes, students are required to be in attendance for the first class session. Continuing Education offers a wide variety of classes. As a result, the attendance requirement varies by class and will include 100/90/80% attendance of total class hours. To receive a Continuing Education Certificate, the attendance requirement must be met. Students may call (252) 451-8216 to confirm the attendance requirement for a Continuing Education class.
Course Repetition Policy
In 1993, the N. C. Legislature enacted a law that requires anyone, including senior citizens, who take the same occupational extension course more than twice within a five-year period to pay $6.50 per hour of instruction. The per-hour rate is subject to increase without notice. All individuals applying for initial certification, recertification, or licensure are exempt from the repetition policy.
Continuing Education Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8 am-5 pm
Friday: 8 am- 4pm