Join Us for FAFSA Night!
February 29, 2024 | 4 – 7 PM
In the NCC Library
Get personal guidance, have your questions answered, and submit your FAFSA.
Financial Aid Overview
- Fall Semester – June 30
- Spring Semester – November 15
- Summer Semester – April 1
- Complete the FAFSA application. Nash Community College’s school code is 008557. Note: It may take 5 to 7 business days for Nash Community College to receive your FAFSA. Call 1-800-433-3243 for assistance with the FASFA.
- Apply for Foundation Scholarships. All students are encouraged to apply for scholarships whether you qualify for Financial Aid or not. The NCC Foundation awards need-based and merit-based scholarships to students at many levels of eligibility.
- To apply for Federal Student Loans complete the Loan Confirmation Form.
- Be sure to check your Nash Student Email frequently for messages from the Financial Aid office after you apply!
- Submit any required documentation requested from the Financial Aid Office.Look for an award letter in your Self-Service account to verify your approval. Note: Financial Aid may not be awarded without all transcripts on file.
Types of Aid
There are two main types of aid for which a student may be eligible: Gift Aid, which consists of grants and scholarships and does not have to be repaid, and Self-Help Aid which consists of loans and part-time employment. Loans must be repaid.
Each program is regulated by federal, state, and institutional policies. It is essential to consult the Financial Aid Officer for details concerning financial aid program specifics, rights and responsibilities of the student, budget information, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
To receive financial aid, a student must have a high school diploma from an accredited school or High School Equivalency and must be admitted to Nash Community College. The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to ask for verification of financial information and uses the standards in the current verification guide of the US Department of Education.