SAVE THE DATE: Nighthawk Enrollment Day is July 11, 2024! | Fall 2024 Registration is OPEN!

For students of North Carolina Community and Technical Colleges.

Student Accident Insurance, paid by the College using student activity funds, provides coverage to all registered and enrolled curriculum students for covered injuries* sustained while the insured student is:

  • participating in activities sponsored or supervised by the school
  • traveling during such activities as a member of a group in transportation furnished or arranged by the school
  • traveling directly to or from the insured’s home premises i.e., NCC, and the site of such activities. (NCC is considered the “home premises.”)

Information concerning effective/termination dates, definitions, accidental death, and specific loss benefits, accident medical expense benefits, exclusions, and payment of claims, can be found in the North Carolina Community and Technical Colleges Student Accident Insurance brochure which is available in the Student and Enrollment Services Office and Student Accident Insurance Brochure.

General Information About Student Accident Insurance Claim

Instructors are required to report in writing any accidents/incidents involving students or other persons in their classrooms or shops to the Campus Safety Director within twenty-four (24) hours of the accident/incident.

This should be done using the NCC Accident/Incident Report Form.

If the accident /incident involves the need for a student to seek medical attention, the Associate Vice President, Student and Enrollment Services must be notified to ensure proper insurance claim forms are filed. *Students will be required meet with the Associate Vice President, Student and Enrollment Services to sign a claim form and review the accident insurance process for filing a claim. The insurance servicing agent requires specific forms (HCFA 1500 from the physician or UB 92 from the hospital). Those with insurance, will also need to send their carrier’s Explanation of Benefits (EOB).

*Note: Students have thirty (30) days from the time of the accident to file a claim with the College’s insurance servicing agent. This is done by contacting the Associate Vice President, Student and Enrollment Services.

Nash Community College Servicing Agent for Accident Claims

Doug Sutton, CLU
P. O. Box 20104
Raleigh, North Carolina 27619
Telephone (919) 836-9993
NC Toll Free (800)788-7771

Claims Administered By:
Summit America Insurance Services
PO Box 25936
Overland Park, KS 66225
Telephone Number (877) 246-6997

Net Price Calculator