The Nash Community College Foundation, Inc. was established in 1983 to increase community awareness, raise funds for the student scholarship program, and to help meet the needs of Nash Community College. These resources ensure that deserving students have the financial capability to take advantage of the quality instruction and higher educational opportunities the College provides.
Though the College’s tuition is considered to be reasonable, scholarships are critical to helping many students who wish to attend college but have very limited resources. Nash Community College receives hundreds of scholarship applications each year but is only able to assist a limited number of students. As the cost of education continues to rise, more scholarships are needed to truly make the difference in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
The Nash Community College Foundation, Inc. is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization as described in section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code for 1984 as amended. The Foundation’s tax identification number is 58-1587982. All or a portion of your gift may be tax deductible as allowed by current tax laws. As required by law, the Foundation maintains exclusive control over the contribution. If you have questions about your gift’s designation or would like to learn more about the services that Nash Community College and the NCC Foundation are committed to providing, please call (252) 451-8440.
Leave a Legacy
Did you know that opportunities exist to form a lasting bond with Nash Community College? Your name and generosity will always be remembered when you make a planned gift that will last beyond your lifetime. In addition to the satisfaction that comes from investing in the future of our community through the advancement of education, you may realize significant tax and real estate planning benefits.
Bequests to the Nash Community College Foundation will reduce the size of your taxable estate while helping a worthy cause. A bequest may include specific property, a percentage of the estate, and/or the remainder of the estate after other bequests have been fulfilled.
Life Insurance Policies may be given outright, dividends may be assigned, or the NCC Foundation may be listed as a beneficiary of the policy.
Securities and Real Estate – Gifts of appreciated securities, stock, or real estate can be a very advantageous way of giving to the NCC Foundation. If you have owned the stock or property for more than one year, you may deduct the fair market value and avoid all capital gain taxes.
For information on making stock transfers directly into the NCC Foundation account please contact: (252) 451-8440.
NCC Foundation Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804
The Student Ambassador Committee will choose six (6) students based on application, two (2) signed letters of recommendation, and an interview. Please note that completing an application will not guarantee an interview. The committee is seeking the following:
- NCC Student with 24 cumulative hours
- Full-time status during service year
- Has earned and will maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Commitment to education/career goals
- At least one Ambassador will be selected from the Early College
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to promote NCC
- Scheduling flexibility
Responsibilities of Ambassadors
- Participation in an ambassador leadership training session
- Serve as a host for campus activities
- Conduct individual and group tours of the campus
- Actively recruit students for the College
- Complete a minimum of 20 service hours to the College per semester
- Speak to civic groups, organizations, and schools as requested
- Promote NCC on campus and in community
- Assist with Foundation activities
You may select from the following events to earn your 20 service hours per semester
- NCC Foundation Board of Directors quarterly meetings
- NCC Foundation Golf Classic
- NCC Foundation Sporting Clays Tournament
- New Student Orientations
- Fall and Spring Registrations
- Special Events and Campus Tours
- NCC Scholarship Awards Event
Benefits of Ambassadorship
- Ambassadors earn $2,000 scholarship (exclusions apply to NCC Early College students)
- Ambassadors receive NCC apparel to be worn when performing assigned duties
- Opportunity to improve leadership skills and to build a professionalresume’
- Opportunity to meet professionals in the Rocky Mount area