Human Resources Development (HRD) provides knowledge and skills for all adults who are trying to find gainful employment, trying to keep or advance in their current career or simply trying to redefine their professional niche in today’s global market.
Employability “Soft Skills” Training provides the basic skills necessary for getting, keeping, and doing well on the job. These are the skills, attitudes, and actions employees need to get along with their co-workers and supervisors and to make sound critical decisions.
Career Planning and Assessment activities designed to assess the interests, work values, aptitudes, and/or job readiness as related to career, employment, and/or educational goals of the individual.
Career Readiness/Pathways include, but are not limited to, career exploration, entry-level skill awareness and development, training success strategies and preparing for certification exams and placement tests.
Technology Awareness will help individuals develop a moderate comfort level of basic technology skills, develop employment-related documents, assess governmental and educational websites, network for employment opportunities, and understand the role technology plays in today’s workplace.
Economic Literacy provides an understanding of real-life economic concepts and economic ways of thinking. Topics include, but are not limited to, wage improvement plans, workplace business concepts, and basic economic literacy concepts.
- HRD-3001AD Career Bootcamp
- HRD-3001AM Career Search Workshops
- HRD-3005U Computer Basics & Keyboarding Skills
- HRD-3002G Career Readiness Certification (CRC) Prep
- HRD-3001AA Crossroads
- HRD-3005V Document Preparation for the Workplace
- HRD-4000A Human Services Exploration: DSS Caseworker
- HRD-3005W Internet and Email for the World of Work
Agency, Business, and Industry
HRD collaborates with local agencies and college programs to promote workforce and economic development.
- Bailey Senior Center
- Express Employment Professionals
- First Baptist Church of Middlesex
- NC Department of Health and Human Services Division of Social Services
- NCWorks Career Center
- Nash Correctional Institution
- Nash County Senior Center
- Spaulding Resource Center
Fees for HRD courses are at no cost for those who meet one of these criteria:
- Are unemployed
- Have received notification of pending layoff
- Are working and are eligible for federal earned income tax credit
- Are working and earning wages at or below two hundred percent (200%) of the federal poverty guidelinesat