For information about Day Bus Service to Nash Community College please follow the Tar River Transit link to the right.
Bus Service Routes
Public Bus Service to Nash Community College;
daily and evening public transit bus service is
available during the week.
Day Bus Service
Evening Bus Service
The Tar River Transit Authority offers evening “Curb to Curb” bus service to the College. This service is a point to point pick-up and/or delivery service that must be scheduled no less than the day prior to needing bus service. The service runs throughout the entire Rocky Mount city limits, Monday – Friday, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. and is being offered in addition to the Tar River Transit’s normal day service routes to NCC. Since this is a scheduled service, there will be no fixed routes or unscheduled stops.
To schedule a ride:
- Riders must call (252) 972-1517 or (252) 972-1514 to schedule pick-up and/or delivery service. (First time riders, please be prepared to provide name, address, phone number and allow time to discuss travel details including pick-up time from the College.)
- Riders must call one day in advance to schedule a pick-up. (example: If I want to schedule a pick-up for tomorrow, I must call no later than 5 p.m. today to ensure service will be available tomorrow.)
- Information that riders must give when calling to schedule pick-up and/or delivery includes: Time of pick-up and location (See attached NCC campus map for the 3 pick-up and/or delivery locations that have been identified.)
- Regular pick-up and/or delivery schedules occurring Monday – Friday can be set to occur routinely. NOTE: If a rider will not need service, they must call and cancel their pick-up and/or delivery service.
- The College closes and doors are locked at 10 p.m. Therefore, riders will need to schedule pick-up from the College knowing they will not be able to re-enter the buildings after 10 p.m.
- When boarding the transport vehicle, riders will be asked for their name. This will ensure riders do not miss their scheduled pick-up.
- The “Curb to Curb” service cost is $2 each way and exact change will be required. Since this is a cash only service, debit cards, credit cards nor checks will be accepted.
- If no one schedules pick-up and/or delivery service, evening bus service will not run to or from the College.
- Inclement Weather: The City of Rocky Mount will release changes in bus service due to inclement weather as soon as the information is available via news channels and the City of Rocky Mount website. The Tar River Transit website, will post up-to-date information on transit schedules. If NCC is closed due to inclement weather, all scheduled trips to and from the College for that day(s) will be cancelled.