Student Wellness Center
The Student Wellness Center with clinical outreach counseling is one way NCC connects students with qualified professionals and community resources who can offer support.
The purpose of the Nash Community College Student Wellness Center is to empower the whole student with personal, social, and community resources for self-development and personal enrichment, thereby enhancing academic success and retention through improved student wellness.
Empowering NCC Students:
- Academic Success
- Personal Enrichment
Offering Free Services In:
- Crisis Intervention
- Personal Counseling
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Recovery Support
- Veteran Support
- Support Groups
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Referral Services
Mental Health Screening Tools:
Victim’s Advocacy provides information about the criminal justice process and victim rights, referrals to other victim service programs, and assistance with victim compensation benefits and filing claims.
TYPES OF VICTIMIZATIONS
- Adult Physical Assault (includes
- Aggravated and Simple Assault)
- Adult Sexual Assault
- Domestic and/or Family Violence
- Victim advocacy/accompaniment to emergency medical care
- Law enforcement interview
EMOTIONAL SUPPORT OR SAFETY SERVICES
- Crisis intervention
- Individual Counseling
CRIMINAL/CIVIL JUSTICE SYSTEM ASSISTANCE
- Notification of case status, arrests, court proceedings, etc.
- Victim impact statement assistance
- Assistance with restitution
- Prosecution/Law Enforcement Interview
For more information call (252) 451-8279.
NCC’s Single Stop office provides services and resources to help students address barriers. NCC provides these services at no charge in collaboration with both internal and external partners.
Need help affording groceries, child care, and rent? Get free, confidential one-on-one advice and help! Determine your eligibility for public assistance!
Complete the NCC Single Stop Screener Access Form to begin the screening process.
Benefits for screening
- SNAP (Food Stamps), For assistance call (252) 428-7334
- Health insurance assistance
- Applications for childcare vouchers
Connections to Community & On-Campus Resources
- Success Closet
- Household goods
- Food and emergency housing
- NCC Library
- MALE Mentoring
- And More!
Income Tax Assistance
- Prepare and e-file taxes
- Determine your tax credit eligibility
- IRS Trained Tax Coaching Services
- Financial Counseling
- Legal Referrals
North Carolina Problem Gambling Hotline
You may reach the North Carolina Problem Gambling Hotline at morethanagamenc.com or by phoning 1.877.718.5543.
The purpose of the MALE program is to provide non-traditional and traditional opportunities to help males who are enrolled in curriculum programs at Nash Community College to be successful.
Its vision is to see each of the MALE student graduate and/or transfer to a four-year university and gain successful employment.
To be eligible to participate in the MALE program you must:
- Enrolled in curriculum classes at Nash Community College
- Enrolled in Nash-Rocky Mount Early College Program and taking college classes
- Having difficulty with classes
- Currently taking fundamental courses
- Striving to achieve success during and after school
- Seeking a brotherhood of friends for support and encouragement working towards graduation
- Wanting help to clear a path to graduation and a successful future
How to enroll:
- Pick up application from the Student Wellness Center
- Complete Application and return
- Marbeth Holmes
Dean, Student Wellness/Professor
- Phone: 252-451-8319
- Location: 2112
- Sharon Barnhill
Assistant, Single Stop/SWELL
- Phone: (252) 428-7334
- Location: 2111
- Jamal Pitt
Director, MALE Success
- Phone: (252) 451-8249
- Location: 2111